This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Combine oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla extract. Add to dry ingredients.
- Fold in nuts if desired.
- Spread in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
near the center comes out
- Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired.
Yield: about 3 dozen