Chewy Cocoa Brownies
Moist and chewy, these brownies will be a hit whether as an afternoon snack or
topped with ice cream and served as an after dinner dessert.
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine granulated sugar, butter and water in large bowl.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar
- Stir in nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Yield: 24 brownies (2 dozen)
By: NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):