Chewy Coffee Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie stick margarine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine sugar, margarine and coffee granules in a small saucepan. Place over
low heat; cook 4 minutes or until margarine melts and the mixture is smooth, stirring
- Combine sugar mixture, vanilla extract, egg whites, and egg; beat at low speed
of a mixer until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to
creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Spread batter in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes; let cool in pan.
Makes 2 dozen.