This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chewy Honey Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup raisins or chopped nuts
- Honey Frosting
- Walnut or pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Brownie: In small mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; blend in honey
and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to butter
- Fold in raisins; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Honey Frosting.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with nut halves.
- Honey Frosting: In small mixer bowl, beat butter and cocoa; stir in vanilla extract and confectioners'
sugar. Blend in milk and honey; beat to spreading consistency.
Makes about 1 cup frosting.