Chile Raspberry Brownies
The smoky heat of chipotle chile pepper creates a delightful complement to
the sweetness of raspberry jam in these frosted brownies.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Brownies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8-inch square
baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; line with parchment paper. Coat top
of parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine all dry ingredients; set aside.
- In large bowl, use electric mixer to combine oil, brown sugar, eggs and
- Slowly sift dry ingredients in two batches over sugar mixture until
fully incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; gently swirl in jam without touching
bottom of pan.
- Bake in center of oven for 25 minutes, until sides begin to pull away
from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan. Invert cooled brownies onto serving dish, remove
parchment and turn right side up.
- Ganache: Heat cream and chocolate in small saucepan on medium-low until
cream and chocolate are smooth. Spread mixture over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes, until ganache is set.
- Cut into squares, cleaning the knife in between cuts.
Yield: 16 brownies
Recipe and photo credit: C&H Sugar, Inc. - chsugar.com