- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks (1 stick)
- 2 ounces chocolate, unsweetened (2 squares)
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract (not wintergreen)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 (1 pound) box C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- Green food coloring
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Brownie Layer: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 8-inch square pan.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan. Melt over low heat until just
- Remove from heat and set aside until slightly warm, but not hot.
- Add sugar, salt, extracts and eggs until well combined.
- Mix in flour and nuts (if using). Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-28 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly moist—be
careful not to over-bake.
- While brownies cool thoroughly, prepare frosting.
- Frosting: Combine all ingredients, except for food coloring, until
smooth. Add one to two drops of food coloring until you reach desired shade of green.
Spread frosting on cooled brownies, then refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for frosting to set, prepare glaze.
- Glaze: In heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat until
blended and smooth, stirring often.
- Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Spread glaze over set frosting.
- Chill again until firm.
- Let come to almost-room temperature before cutting into bars.
- Cut 16 squares with sharp knife.
- Serve plain or with mint ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes