Chocolate Bliss Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 package (8 squares) semisweet baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 2 cups peanuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave chocolate squares in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for two minutes,
stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted
- Stir in sugar, peanut butter, butter eggs and vanilla extract with wooden
spoons until blended.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and peanuts.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupsful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool on cookie sheets one minute.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
Makes about 15 large cookies.
If omitting peanuts, increase flour to 3/4 cup to prevent spreading.