This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Chipotle Brownies
Smoky chipotle chile and spicy cinnamon make these brownies a very grown-up treat!
- 4 ounces chocolate, unsweetened, best quality
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), unsalted, cut into four or five pieces
- 1 1/4 cups C&H Pure Cane Golden Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, ground, according to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons C&H Pure Cane Powdered Sugar, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil,
extending foil over sides.
- In top of double boiler set over simmering water, melt unsweetened chocolate
with butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat when chocolate and butter are
- Using whisk, mix in brown sugar, cinnamon, chipotle, and salt.
- Add eggs, mixing after each addition; then add vanilla extract. Continue to whisk
until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes, then add flour and mix until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan, tilting pan to ensure that batter
reaches all corners.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with
few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool completely, then use foil to lift brownies out of pan for slicing.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Yield: about 12 brownies
Credit: Ariela Pelaia, Baking and Books (www.bakingandbooks.com)
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
C&H Cane Sugar