Chocolate Dipped Brownies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking
- 2 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, butter and water to a boil; remove
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and vanilla extract; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in another
cup of chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees
F for 35 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place in the freezer for 30 to 40 minutes (do not freeze completely).
- Cut into bars.
- In microwave or double boiler, melt remaining chips with shortening; stir until
- Using a small fork. dip brownies to completely coat; shake off excess. Place
on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Immediately sprinkle with nuts. Allow to harden.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Yields 3 dozen.