This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hazelnut or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts (filberts), toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- Combine 4 ounces chocolate, butter and oil in the top of a double boiler over
simmering water. Heat until chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Let
- Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in mixing bowl until mixed.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and flour; stir until blended.
- Stir in the remaining ounces chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Pour batter into buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 55 minutes, or until a
wooden pick inserted in center comes out sticky but not wet.
- Let cool completely, then cut into squares.