Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hazelnut or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts (filberts), toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- Combine 4 ounces chocolate, butter and oil in the top of a double boiler over
simmering water. Heat until chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Let
- Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in mixing bowl until mixed.
- Add melted chocolate
mixture and flour; stir until blended.
- Stir in the remaining ounces chocolate and
- Pour batter into buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated
350 degree F oven for about 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
out sticky but not wet.
- Let cool completely, then cut into squares.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies