- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1/4 cup margarine,
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 12 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, beat together sugar, eggs,
Kahlua and margarine until blended.
- Combine cake flour, cocoa, baking powder and
- Add to the sugar mixture, beating just to blend.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Transfer batter to the pan and bake for 30
minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely
on a rack before cutting.