Chocolate Sin Raspberry Truffle Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet real chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons water*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* (or omit coffee crystals and water and use
2 tablespoons very strong coffee)
Raspberry Truffle Filling
- 1 cup semisweet real chocolate
- 1/3 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup semisweet real chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon solid vegetable shortening
- Brownies: In saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate morsels and butter; (or use
a low microwave setting in a heat-proof bowl); cool slightly.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs.
- Add chocolate mixture and coffee dissolved in water. Mix well.
- Sift baking powder with flour and blend into wet ingredients.
- Spread in greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven
for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick tests clean.
- Raspberry Truffle Filling: Melt chocolate with coffee in pan over low heat, or
use a low microwave setting in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy; add powdered sugar
and preserves. Beat until fluffy.
- Beat in melted chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Spread carefully over cooled brownie layer.
- Glaze: In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and shortening.
- Drizzle over truffle layer.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.