Chocolate Sin Raspberry Truffle Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet real chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons water*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* (or omit coffee crystals and water and use
2 tablespoons very strong coffee)
Raspberry Truffle Filling
- 1 cup semisweet real chocolate
- 1/3 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup semisweet real chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon solid vegetable shortening
- Brownies: In saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate morsels and butter; (or use
a low microwave setting in a heat-proof bowl); cool slightly.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs.
- Add chocolate mixture and coffee dissolved in water. Mix well.
- Sift baking powder with flour and blend into wet ingredients.
- Spread in greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven
for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick tests clean.
- Raspberry Truffle Filling: Melt chocolate with coffee in pan over low heat, or
use a low microwave setting in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy; add powdered sugar
and preserves. Beat until fluffy.
- Beat in melted chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Spread carefully over cooled brownie layer.
- Glaze: In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and shortening.
- Drizzle over truffle layer.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes