Chunky Brazil Nut Brownies
These are soooo fudgy...
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup chopped
brazil nuts (toasted optional)
- 20 soft caramel squares (5-6 ounces)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a baking pan, line it with aluminum foil
and butter the foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and cocoa until smooth.
an electric mixer on medium speed beat in the white and brown sugars until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract until combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the
- Fold in chocolate chips, white chocolate pieces and nuts. Do not
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- In a bowl covered with plastic wrap melt the caramels with 2 tablespoons water
on medium in a microwave, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
- Drizzle the melted caramel over the batter in the pan and use a knife to swirl it
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are set.
- Remove the pan to a wire
rack, and cool completely in the pan.
Posted by warden2three at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.