Chunky Brazil Nut Brownies
These are soooo fudgy...
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup chopped
brazil nuts (toasted optional)
- 20 soft caramel squares (5-6 ounces)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a baking pan, line it with aluminum foil
and butter the foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and cocoa until smooth.
an electric mixer on medium speed beat in the white and brown sugars until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract until combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the
- Fold in chocolate chips, white chocolate pieces and nuts. Do not
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- In a bowl covered with plastic wrap melt the caramels with 2 tablespoons water
on medium in a microwave, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
- Drizzle the melted caramel over the batter in the pan and use a knife to swirl it
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are set.
- Remove the pan to a wire
rack, and cool completely in the pan.
Posted by warden2three at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.