Classic Frosted Brownies
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan with a nonstick
- Brownie: Melt chocolate and butter in bowl over simmering water in saucepan. Stir until
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Stir together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and chocolate-butter mixture in second bowl.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until dry-looking on top and firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting.
- Frosting: Combine sugar, milk, butter, chocolate and corn syrup in medium-size saucepan.
Bring to boiling over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in
vanilla extract. Cool to room temperature. Beat with a mixer until spreading
- Cool brownies in pan on wire rack.
- Spread evenly with frosting. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes.