Coffee Blonde Brownies
- 1 pound dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons strong
instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat the brown sugar and butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium-low heat
until butter melts.
- Dissolve the coffee in the hot water and stir into the butter mixture. Let cool
to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 11 x 8-inch baking pan.
- When the butter mixture is cool, beat in the eggs and vanilla extract with a
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and stir into the butter mixture
with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate.
- Spread the mixture evenly
in the prepared pan with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30
minutes. Don't over-bake.
- Cool completely and cut into 2-inch squares.