Coffee and Cream Brownies
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 (19.8 ounce) box family size brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese and butter; blend thoroughly.
- Add sugar and blend until
light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 egg and vanilla extract, then stir in flour and mix
well. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, dissolve coffee in water.
- Add brownie mix, remaining eggs and
vegetable oil; blend well.
- Pour half the batter into prepared baking dish.
- Drop cheese mixture by heaping tablespoons over brownie batter.
- Pour remaining
batter over cheese mixture and gently swirl a butter knife through it to create
a marbled effect.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.