Coffee Liqueur Brownies
- 8 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a medium heavy saucepan heat butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring
constantly. When just melted, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until thick and pale.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and the coffee liqueur.
- Fold in flour.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 30 minutes before attempting to cut.