Cookie Crunch Brownies
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken up
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa, sifted (regular cocoa)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 15 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4-5 extra Oreo cookies, broken in half for garnish
- Arrange a rack in the middle of oven, and preheat to 350 degrees F. Spray an
11 x 7-inch baking pan with nonstick flour cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate, sugar and butter in microwave, whisk until smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, coffee powder and vanilla extract until foamy
on medium speed with a whisk attachment.
- Blend in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle all but 1/4 cup flour mixture into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Place the 15 Oreos' into the remaining flour and toss to coat.
- Add the Oreo mixture
into the chocolate mixture, stirring gently to combine; try not to crush the cookies.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Place the broken cookies on top of the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Allow to cool.
- Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold.
- Cut into squares.
- Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.
Makes 15-18 small brownies.
Source: Kosher By Design Entertains