Cookies and Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 cream filled chocolate cookies (Oreos), crushed
- Cream Cheese Layer: In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg
and vanilla extract until smooth; set aside.
- Brownie Layer: Combine butter, sugars and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; blend
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; stir into the cocoa mixture.
- Stir in vanilla
extract and cookie crumbs.
- Pour into a greased 11 x 7 x 2-inch brownie pan (with
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over brownie layer so covers all; cut through
with knife to make swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a
wooden pick inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely.
Yield 2 dozen.