Cranberry Truffle Brownies
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce or seedless red raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon solid
- Melt chocolate chips with butter or margarine. Cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add chocolate mixture and water. Mix.
- Stir in baking powder and flour.
- Bake in a well greased and floured 8-square or 9-inch round cake pan
at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn out onto a cake platter and let cool.
- Truffle Topping: Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar.
- Add cranberry sauce and beat.
- Beat in melted chocolate chips.
- Spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Glaze: Melt chocolate chips with the shortening.
- Drizzle over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with fresh sugared cranberries if desired.