Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies
- 1 (19.8 ounce) box brownie mix
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup
unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons
- 4 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Glaze of your choice or confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Position a rack in lower third of oven. Spray bottom
only of an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray or foil line the pan.
- In medium bowl, toss brownie mix with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add the melted butter, molasses, eggs and vanilla extract and mix with wooden spoon
until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 44 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted 2 inches from side
of pan comes out clean or almost clean. Do not over-bake.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Spread glaze over brownies or sift confectioners' sugar over top.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
Makes 9 large or 16 small brownies.