- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped
pecans or walnuts
- Melt butter and chocolate together; cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick.
chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture, beating just until blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in well-greased 9-inch square pan at 350 degrees F for 28 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Cut into squares.
Makes 25 squares.
Source: Domino Sugar box