Double Chocolate Chip Caramel Brownies
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)
butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 12 caramels
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips and butter in large, heavy-duty saucepan over
low heat; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs; stir well.
- Add flour, sugar,
vanilla extract and baking soda; stir well.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips and
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted
in center comes out still slightly sticky.
- Remove from oven.