Double Chocolate Potato Brownies
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed white potatoes (unseasoned) at room temperature (about 2 medium potatoes)*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir in potatoes until smooth.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake until brownies are firm when lightly touched, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Makes 24 brownies.
* To cook potatoes, peel and cut into chunks. Cover with boiling water and
cook until tender. Drain well and mash with fork until smooth.