Double Dark Decadent Brownie
This is a 1987 recipe from General Foods Corporation.
- 1/2 cup Karo light or dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 5 (1 ounce) squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 (1 ounce) squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Grease and flour 9-inch layer cake pan.
- Brownie: In large saucepan bring corn syrup and
butter to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Add chocolate; stir until melted.
- Add sugar; stir in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla extract, flour and nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove; cool completely on rack.
- Prepare glaze; pour on top and spread on sides. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Chocolate Glaze: In small saucepan melt Semi-Sweet
Chocolate with butter or margarine over low heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons Karo Corn Syrup and 1 teaspoon milk.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes