Double Decker Confetti Brownies
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly
packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2
cups flour, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
cup M&Ms Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Baking Bits, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; set
- In large bowl, cream the 3/4 cup butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat
in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In medium bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; blend into
- Divide batter in half.
- Blend together cocoa powder and melted butter; stir into one half of the dough.
- Spread cocoa dough evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Stir remaining 1/4 cup flour
and 1/2 cup M&Ms into remaining dough; spread evenly over cocoa dough in pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup M&Ms.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges start to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in tightly covered container.