Double Frosted Bourbon Brownies
These can easily be made ahead and frozen.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons
White Frosting Layer
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Chocolate Glaze Layer
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Brownie Layer: Sift dry ingredients.
- Combine sugar, shortening and water in pan.
Heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts and mixture boils. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Stir in dry mixture and nuts.
- Spread evenly in 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees
F for 30 minutes or until shiny and firm on top.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle bourbon
on top while still hot.
- Cool completely.
- White Frosting Layer: Beat butter and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add sugar
gradually until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread evenly on top of brownie layer. Chill
- Chocolate Glaze Layer: Melt in double boiler (or in microwave with very low power).
- Spread glaze on top. Chill.
- Cut into squares.
- Chill until served.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.