Espresso Cakey Brownies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil.
- In a large glass bowl, melt butter and chocolate in a microwave oven on HIGH
for 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Dissolve espresso powder in hot water.
- Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Whisk espresso
mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into chocolate mixture until
- Pour batter into pan and bake 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Lift brownie from pan by foil ends to a cutting board.
- Cut into 12 brownies.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.