Espresso Kahlua Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 25 espresso coffee beans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan, shaking
out excess flour.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring
until smooth. Cool chocolate mixture to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract,
espresso powder and Kahlua until mixture is thickened and pale.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt and beat into batter
just until blended well.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and arrange coffee beans in 5 rows of 5 beans each.
- Bake brownies in middle of oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick comes
out with crumbs adhering to it.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack before
cutting into 25 squares.
Brownies keep, layered between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container at
cool room temperature, for five days.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes