Fannie Mae Chewy Caramel Brownies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate frosting
- 8 to 10 Fannie Mae Milk Chocolate
- 8 to 10 Fannie Mae Chocolate Toffees
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two 8-inch square pans.
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix butter, cocoa and water in a saucepan
and continue to stir until it comes to a boil. Add mixture to the flour and sugar.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. After
mixed well, add to the flour and sugar.
- In a double boiler, melt 8 to 10 Fannie Mae Milk Chocolate Caramels, then add
to batter and mix well.
- Divide batter into the two greased pans and bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, grind the Chocolate Toffees to crumbs.
- After brownies are
cooled, frost with chocolate frosting and sprinkle Chocolate Toffee crumbs on top.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies