Fannie Mae Chewy Caramel Brownies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate frosting
- 8 to 10 Fannie Mae Milk Chocolate
- 8 to 10 Fannie Mae Chocolate Toffees
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two 8-inch square pans.
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix butter, cocoa and water in a saucepan
and continue to stir until it comes to a boil. Add mixture to the flour and sugar.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. After
mixed well, add to the flour and sugar.
- In a double boiler, melt 8 to 10 Fannie Mae Milk Chocolate Caramels, then add
to batter and mix well.
- Divide batter into the two greased pans and bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, grind the Chocolate Toffees to crumbs.
- After brownies are
cooled, frost with chocolate frosting and sprinkle Chocolate Toffee crumbs on top.