Fannie Mae Mint Meltaway Cake Brownies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
teaspoon baking soda
- 8 to 10 Fannie Mae Mint Meltaways
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two 8-inch square pans.
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix butter, cocoa and water in a saucepan
and continue to stir until it comes to a boil. Add to the flour and sugar.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
After mixed well, add to the flour and sugar.
- Using a food processor, grind Mint Meltaways into fine crumbs, then add to batter
and mix well.
- Divide batter into the two greased pans and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.