Frango Raspberry Mint Brownies
- 12 Frango mint chocolate candies, divided
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (about)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam (preferably seedless)
- A few drops red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Brownie: In saucepan, melt 6 chocolate candies in oil over low heat, just until chocolate
- Remove from heat and beat in sugar, eggs and extract. Set aside.
- In sifter, combine flour, baking powder and salt and sift directly into pan with
- Add nuts if desired.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- When done, remove from oven and cool.
- While brownies bake, make frosting layer.
- Frosting Layer: In bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar, adding milk as needed to make
a fluffy frosting, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla extract, jam and food coloring, if using.
- When brownies are cooled, frost and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Once chilled, remove from refrigerator.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine remaining 6 Frango chocolates and butter. Microwave
until melted, then pour over frosting layer. Spread to cover.
- Refrigerate until chocolate layer is set.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Makes 12 servings.
Source: Beth Campbell, Belleville, winner of Marshall Field's Frango Mint
Chocolate Special competition at the Wisconsin State Fair
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes