Frango Raspberry Mint Brownies
- 12 Frango mint chocolate candies, divided
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (about)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam (preferably seedless)
- A few drops red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Brownie: In saucepan, melt 6 chocolate candies in oil over low heat, just until chocolate
- Remove from heat and beat in sugar, eggs and extract. Set aside.
- In sifter, combine flour, baking powder and salt and sift directly into pan with
- Add nuts if desired.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- When done, remove from oven and cool.
- While brownies bake, make frosting layer.
- Frosting Layer: In bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar, adding milk as needed to make
a fluffy frosting, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla extract, jam and food coloring, if using.
- When brownies are cooled, frost and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Once chilled, remove from refrigerator.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine remaining 6 Frango chocolates and butter. Microwave
until melted, then pour over frosting layer. Spread to cover.
- Refrigerate until chocolate layer is set.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Makes 12 servings.
Source: Beth Campbell, Belleville, winner of Marshall Field's Frango Mint
Chocolate Special competition at the Wisconsin State Fair
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes