Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12
ounce) jar peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Combine 1 cup butter and 1/3 cup cocoa in a saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring
frequently, until butter melts.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine sugar,
flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture, and beat at medium
speed until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Spread into a well-greased
13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove lid from peanut butter jar; microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 2 to 3
minutes or until peanut butter melts, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
- Spread over
- Chill about 30 minutes or until set.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and next three ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat;
cook, stirring frequently, until marshmallows melt.
- Remove from heat, and add confectioners'
sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over peanut butter, and chill until set.
Brownies may be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.