Fruitcake Fantasy Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and rum extract; blend well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Stir in candied fruit and pecans.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 28 to 36 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Cool for 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 36 brownies
Source: 1997 Pillsbury: Best Cookies Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes