Fudgy Pecan Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Pecan halves (for garnish)
- Brownies: Blend butter, sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl.
- Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually blend into
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread in lightly greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away
from sides of pan.
- Frosting: Place confectioners' sugar in small mixer bowl.
- Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; stir in cocoa, blending until smooth.
- Add milk; stir constantly over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour hot mixture over confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and pecan pieces.
- Spread warm frosting over warm brownies.
- Garnish with pecans halves.
- Cool completely.