Fudgy Rum Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Brownies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Heat margarine and chocolate chips in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring
constantly, until melted.
- Beat in remaining ingredients except nuts and Rum Frosting until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until center is set; cool completely.
- Frost with Rum Frosting.
- Drizzle with melted semisweet chocolate if desired.
- Cut into bars.
- Rum Frosting: Mix confectioners' sugar, butter and rum. Beat in milk until
smooth and of spreading consistency.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Blondie Recipes
>> Brownie Recipes