Fudgy Rum Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups semisweet
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter,
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Brownies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Heat margarine and chocolate chips in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring
constantly, until melted.
- Beat in remaining ingredients except nuts and Rum Frosting
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until center
is set; cool completely.
- Frost with Rum Frosting.
- Drizzle with melted semisweet
chocolate if desired.
- Cut into bars.
- Rum Frosting: Mix confectioners' sugar, butter and rum. Beat in milk until
smooth and of spreading consistency.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.