German Chocolate Brownies
Yield: 16 brownies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (4 ounce) package German sweet chocolate, broken into squares
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract; mix.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until brownies test done.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add coconut, pecans, corn syrup and milk; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto warm brownies; spread evenly.
- Broil several inches from the heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly.