German Sweet Chocolate
Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 (4 ounce) package German sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Brownie Layer: Microwave chocolate and margarine in large microwave-safe bowl
at HIGH for 2 minutes or until margarine is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely
- Stir sugar into melted chocolate.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract until completely mixed.
- Mix in flour until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in greased 8-inch square pan.
- Cream Cheese Topping: Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth. Spoon
over brownie mixture; swirl with knife to marbleize.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out almost clean. (Do not over-bake.)
- Cool in pan; cut into squares.
Makes 16 brownies.