Glazed Espresso Brownies
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sunsweet
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons instant espresso
or instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat or regular semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely
chopped hazelnuts or walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 to 6 teaspoons coffee-flavored liqueur
or brewed espresso or strong coffee
- Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, Lighter Bake and oil. Stir over low heat
until blended. Remove from heat; stir in espresso and vanilla extract.
into medium bowl and cool to lukewarm.
- With electric mixer, beat in egg whites and egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into Lighter Bake
- Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool; cut into 32 bars. Drizzle with Espresso Glaze.
- Espresso Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Stir
in liqueur, espresso or coffee to make glaze of drizzling consistency.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.