Glazed Espresso Brownies
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sunsweet
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons instant espresso
or instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat or regular semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely
chopped hazelnuts or walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 to 6 teaspoons coffee-flavored liqueur
or brewed espresso or strong coffee
- Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, Lighter Bake and oil. Stir over low heat
until blended. Remove from heat; stir in espresso and vanilla extract.
into medium bowl and cool to lukewarm.
- With electric mixer, beat in egg whites and egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into Lighter Bake
- Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool; cut into 32 bars. Drizzle with Espresso Glaze.
- Espresso Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Stir
in liqueur, espresso or coffee to make glaze of drizzling consistency.