Goetze's Caramel Cream Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups granulated
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 unwrapped Goetze's Caramel Creams
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Combine chocolate and butter and melt over very low heat. Cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs until frothy; add sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Beat on high speed
for 5 minutes, until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour and beat just
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 brownie mix into prepared pan (cover bottom of pan)
and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine caramel creams, evaporated milk and margarine, and stir frequently over
medium/low heat. Rremove from heat when smooth.
- Remove brownies from oven.
caramel cream mixture on top and sprinkle with nuts on top.
- Cover with remaining brownie mix and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes at 350
- Cool for at least 2 hours, in pan, at room temperature to set caramel.
Makes 30 brownies.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.