Grand Marnier Almond Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a heavy medium-size saucepan. Cook over very
low heat until melted, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat. Cool
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl until blended and smooth.
- Stir in the Grand Marnier, orange peel and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the almonds, then the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the flour.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly buttered and floured 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until the edges crack and the wooden pick
inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Remove the brownies to a wire rack to cool completely.