Greystone Bakery Mocha Kahlua Brownies
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces melted semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua liqueur
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter over hot water in a double boiler. Remove from heat
and let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and sugar in small bowl of electric mixer until
very light and lemon colored.
- Dissolve instant coffee in water and add to egg mixture. Blend at low speed.
- Fold in flour. Mix well at low speed.
- Stir in nuts by hand.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Frost when cool.
- Frosting: Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Cream the butter and confectioners' sugar together.
- Stir in the chocolate and Kahlua.
- Spread onto the cooled brownies.
- Let set in a cool place 30 minutes before serving.