Hershey's Best Brownies
These are also known as Hershey's Favorite Fudgy Brownies.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa or Hershey's European Style Cocoa
cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup
chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 2 to 2 1/2
minutes or until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well with spoon after each addition.
- Add cocoa; beat until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter
into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from
sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies.