Hershey's Doubly Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter or
margarine, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups (10 ounce package)
Hershey's Premium Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, stir together cocoa and baking soda; blend in 1/3 cup of
- Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs
and remaining 1/3 cup butter; stir until smooth.
- Add flour, vanilla extract
and salt; blend well.
- Stir in nuts, if desired, and chocolate chunks.
- Pour into
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides
- Cool completely in pan or on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Yields about 36 brownies.