Indiana Hoosier Mint Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can (1 1/2
cups) chocolate flavor syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- Mint Cream (recipe follows)
- Chocolate Topping (recipe follows)
- Chocolate mint
curls, made from Andes Mints
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In mixing bowl with electric mixer on low speed, beat together flour, sugar,
syrup, eggs and butter until combined, then mix 1 minute on medium speed. Turn mixture
into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees F or until top springs back when lightly
touched (top may appear wet). Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare Mint Cream and Chocolate Topping. Allow Chocolate Topping
to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before spreading on cooled brownies.
- Spread Mint Cream over cooled brownies.
- Pour slightly cooled Chocolate Topping
over mint layer. Cover; chill at least 1 hour.
- Store brownies in refrigerator.
- Mint Cream: In small mixing bowl, beat together 2 cups sifted powdered sugar,
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine, 1 tablespoon water, 1/2 teaspoon
pure mint extract and 3 drops green food coloring, if desired. Beat until smooth.
- Chocolate Topping: In small heavy saucepan, combine 1 cup semisweet mint-flavored
chocolate pieces or semisweet chocolate pieces and 6 tablespoons butter or margarine.
Cook over low heat until chocolate melts. Or, in small microwave-safe bowl, microwave
on HIGH (100% power) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
Yield: about 50 small brownies
For 2-tone chocolate mint curls, use a vegetable peeler to shave curls
from Andes Mints striped side.
Shared by Ltlgranny - June 11, 2003