- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 pound butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped
Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1/2
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate chips together.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the salt until the mixture is foamy.
- Slowly beat in sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla extract. Remove mixer
from the bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate mixture until almost blended.
in flour until almost blended.
- Stir in the peppers and the nuts.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F
for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top crust cracks and the inside looks moist,
but not runny.
- Cool thoroughly, then frost.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing: Cream the cheese and butter with a mixer.
- Add vanilla
extract and milk.
- Add cocoa and 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar. Blend in
- Add remaining confectioners' sugar and mix to desired spreading consistency.
- Frost the cooled brownies.