For coffee lovers. You'll love the flavor combination of chocolate and coffee
in these frosted brownies.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa (optional)
- For Java Brownies: Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Combine water, coffee granules, sugar and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup morsels until smooth.
- Stir in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Pour into greased 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 18 to 25 minutes, or until wooden
pick inserted near center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- For Java Frosting: Combine cream and coffee granules in small, heavy-duty
saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until dissolved.
- Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar; stir vigorously until smooth.
- Chill until spreading consistency.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle with cocoa.
Prep Time: 12 min | Cooking Time: 18 min | Yield: 36 brownies
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com