- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 of a 1 ounce square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Combine butter and chocolate in medium-size saucepan. Heat over medium heat,
stirring frequently, until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, using a wooden
spoon to mix well.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract; mix well.
- Stir in flour and 1 cup of the walnuts. Mix well.
- Spread batter in a greased 8-inch
square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F exactly 25 minutes. Do not over-bake; brownies
should be fudgy.
- Remove from oven and place pan on wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost when cooled.
- Fudge Frosting: In a small saucepan over very low heat, combine chocolate, butter
and milk. Heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter are melted.
in confectioners' sugar. Mix well.
- Spread frosting on cooled brownies in pan.
remaining 1/2 cup chopped walnuts on top.
- Cut into squares.