Killer Triple Chip Brownies
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 3/4 x 13 1/2-inch glass or metal pan with
a large piece of aluminum foil, smoothing it into the corners. Butter the foil.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with the sugar until it is light in color.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add vanilla extract, then add the eggs, beating until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add walnuts and all the chips, tossing to coat them with the flour.
- Scrape the flour, nuts and chips into the bowl with
the butter, and stir with a wooden spoon just until all the ingredients are mixed.
Do not over-beat.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, holding the foil so that
it does not move.
- Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake until a wooden
pick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the pan and let it stand for one hour, then cover the pan with foil and
place it in the freezer for at least 1 1/2 hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Turn the cooled brownies out onto a clean workspace, lift off the foil and cut
into 32 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer in an airtight tin.