Killer Triple Chip Brownies
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces
bittersweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
cups butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 3/4 x 13 1/2-inch glass or metal pan with
a large piece of aluminum foil, smoothing it into the corners. Butter the foil.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with the sugar until it is light in color.
in melted chocolate.
- Add vanilla extract, then add the eggs, beating until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add walnuts and all the chips, tossing
to coat them with the flour.
- Scrape the flour, nuts and chips into the bowl with
the butter, and stir with a wooden spoon just until all the ingredients are mixed.
Do not over-beat.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, holding the foil so that
it does not move.
- Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake until a wooden
pick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the pan and let it stand for one hour, then cover the pan with foil and
place it in the freezer for at least 1 1/2 hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Turn the cooled brownies out onto a clean workspace, lift off the foil and cut
into 32 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer in an airtight tin.
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies