- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup shortening or margarine
- 1 1/2
cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (8.25
ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate in a pan or a double boiler over simmering water. Set aside to cool.
- Combine shortening, sugar and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well. Set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture. Beat until just
- Divide batter in half. Add melted chocolate and nuts to one half of the
batter and add pineapple to the other half. Place alternate spoonsful of each batter
into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
Makes 24 brownies.